Genetic testing next steps - what happens when a patient goes for genetic testing?
This video shows patients recently diagnosed with cancer, what happens when they agree to genetic testing, and how it helps them – translated in Bengali, Polish, Punjabi and Urdu.
- In this video you’ll get more information about:
- What to expect in your appointment
- Where the genetic testing samples come from
- How long it takes for the results to come back
- How you will receive your results
Genetic Testing - What are the next steps?
Genetic Testing - What are the next steps? (Bengali) জেনেটিক পরীক্ষার পরবর্তী ধাপগুলো কী কী?
Genetic Testing - What are the next steps? (Polish) Testy genetyczne: Jakie są kolejne kroki
Genetic Testing - What are the next steps? (Punjabi) ਜੈਨੇਟਿਕ ਟੈਸਟਿੰਗ: ਅਗਲੇ ਪੜਾਅ ਕੀ ਹਨ
Genetic Testing - What are the next steps? (Urdu) جینیاتی جانچ: اگلے اقدامات کیا ہیں؟
If you have any further questions about these tests you can speak to your cancer care team, who will support you throughout your patient journey.
For more general support you can also contact the Ovacome support line:
- UK Freephone: +44 800 008 7054
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text Message (SMS): +44 750 368 2311
Additional videos and patient information leaflets are also available which can explain why genetic tests are important and the possible results.