Do you have a genetic mutation such as BRCA1/2 or Lynch syndrome? Have you been affected by a loved one’s experience of genetic testing? We want you to become a Voice for BRCA.
How can you help?
We are looking for keen volunteers - men and women alike - to become a BRCA Voice and help spread awareness of BRCA gene mutations.
Whether you can spare an hour as a one-off, or can commit to volunteering more regularly, we want you to help us take action. Help us change the status quo in the following ways:
Raise awareness of BRCA
- Sharing your story on our website
- Writing a blog post about your genetic testing experience
- Talking to your local media about your story
- Distributing our materials in your area
Represent Ovarian Cancer Action
- Manning a stall at an event in your area to talk to visitors about BRCA
- Giving awareness talks in your local area to raise awareness of BRCA in the general public
Join a movement
- Get together with other members of the BRCA Voices group, both virtually through our Facebook group, and in person, to share ideas and energy.
- Organise your own fundraising and awareness events.
Help us grow
- Be our eyes and ears in your local area, and feedback to help us shape our campaigns and policies
- Evaluate our website and materials – have your voice heard
What do you get in return?
- A dedicated Facebook group
- A contact to come to with any worries/concerns
- Full training for awareness talks
- Regular e-newsletter to keep you up to date with our events, research, fundraising and volunteering opportunities.