The world famous 26.2 mile course starts in Greenwich and takes in some of London’s most iconic sites including Tower Bridge, Canary Wharf, London Eye and Big Ben. You will finish on The Mall, in front of Buckingham Palace, among the electric atmosphere of London’s spectators. Imagine crossing that finish line to a hero’s welcome from the crowd, proudly wearing your medal, knowing you’ve achieved something fantastic fitness wise - and something even more incredible for people living with ovarian cancer. A memory you will never forget!
To apply for one of our places in either 2022 or 2023, please complete our application form below. Be sure to leave as much detail on your fundraising plans as possible. Once we have received your application, we will be in touch to discuss it over the phone. If we do offer you a place, we will ask you to pay an upfront, non-refundable registration fee of £100 to secure this place.
Registration fee: £100
Minimum fundraising target: £3,000
Date: 2nd October 2022 OR 23rd April 2023 (please specify on the form which year you would like to apply for)
London Marathon FAQs
We've answered some of your top questions about the London Marathon below. For any other questions get in touch on email@example.com or 020 7380 1730. Our friendly team are happy to help.
- Is this event only for experienced runners?
The London Marathon is a welcoming atmosphere for both experienced runners and those who are new to marathon distances. You will need to train to reach the full distance. However, we can provide you with training plans from the experts at London Marathon to help you reach the 26.2 miles. Many people who take part are new to running and running events, so you will not be alone.
- What support will I receive?
All of our runners will receive:
- Access to training plans for all levels from the running experts at the London Marathon.
- A free Ovarian Cancer Action tech running vest – so you can show your support to everyone whilst you train and on the day.
- Bespoke fundraising support from our dedicated team – materials, ideas and advice to help you to smash your fundraising target.
- The experience of a lifetime being cheered along by the crowds lining the streets of London!
- Improved fitness levels and the knowledge you have helped us to get closer to making ovarian cancer a survivable disease.
- What does my fundraising support?
Your funds will help us to make faster progress towards making ovarian cancer a survivable disease. Every day, 12 women die of ovarian cancer. Your support will mean we are able to fund research that focuses on the prevention and treatment of ovarian cancer, transforming how long and how well women will live. Your fundraising will also help us to raise awareness of the symptoms of ovarian cancer so people know what to look out for, which saves lives.
- Can you support me to fundraise?
Our friendly fundraising team are here to support you with your fundraising every step of the way. We can provide advice, materials and ideas to help you smash your fundraising target. We allow our runners until the end of the year (2022) or 2 months after the event (2023) to reach the minimum fundraising target, so there is plenty of time to collect sponsorship and raise as much as possible to support our vital work.
- I think the London Marathon is quite far from me
The event is a fantastic excuse to go away for the weekend. There are lots of thing to see in London, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye or one of the huge selection of museums and galleries, there's something for everyone! The run itself is a unique and fantastic way to do some sightseeing around the capital.
- Can I apply for both 2022 and 2023?
Yes, you can apply for both years, but you will only receive one place.