We fund world-class scientific research at our Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre, the only dedicated research centre for ovarian cancer in the UK.
Treatment for ovarian cancer is not as advanced as treatment for other, better-known cancers like breast and prostate cancer.
We want to make ovarian cancer treatment more effective and reduce the number of women who die from the disease.
What does the Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre do?
We only fund research that can be translated into meaningful outcomes for real women.
The Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre drives new and more targeted treatments from pre-clinical studies, to clinical trials and into gynaecological clinics across the UK.
- Discover the latest news from our Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre
- Read our research stategy
- Or take a look at our current projects
How can you help?
We rely on your donations to fund the world-class scientific research carried out at our Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre.
- £7 could buy the nutrients we need to grow the cancer cells we need for our research
- £25 could support a scientist to use a powerful microscope to compare what a cancer cell looks like before and after chemotherapy – helping us to explore how to make chemotherapy treatment more effective
- £50 could buy a chemical that stops cancer cells growing – helping us to create new drugs to prevent women dying from ovarian cancer
- £100 could support scientists to study what causes cancer cells to die – helping us identify potential treatments for the future
- £1,000 could examine a patient’s DNA – enabling us to identify genetic mutations associated with ovarian cancer and understand why ovarian cancer happens
What’s the story behind the Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre?
The Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre was established in 2006 in partnership with Imperial College, the Institute of Cancer Research, Hammersmith Hospital and the Royal Marsden Hospital.
Core annual investment in the Centre has led to further funding from sources including the European Union (FP7), Cancer Research UK, Wellcome Trust, Wellbeing of Women, Scottish Enterprise, Marsha Rivkin Center for Ovarian Research (US), NIH - National Cancer Institute NCI) and industry partners, such as GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, MEI Pharma, Morphotek, Millennium Pharmaceuticals, AEterna Zentaris, Astex Pharmaceuticals, Sequana Medical, Merck and Nucana Biomed.
Meet our international research board.
Where is it?
The Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre is based on the campus of Hammersmith Hospital in London and brings together collaborators from Ovarian Cancer Action, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital, the Institute of Cancer Research and the Royal Marsden Hospital.
Ovarian Cancer Action is a member of the Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC). All AMRC members support the AMRC position statement on the use of animals in research.