How do I collect money?
You could ask everyone in your #WalkInHerName team to:
- Create their own individual online fundraising page. We encourage our supporters to use BT My Donate – they charge no administration costs so all of your money will go towards supporting our research into ovarian cancer. However, we also accept donations through Just Giving, Virgin Money Giving and any other online fundraising system.
- Download and print out a paper sponsorship form. And then pay your money in via credit card, debit card or cheque
How do I pay my money in?
If you have raised money offline you can pay it in by:
- Making a card payment over the phone by calling 0207 380 1730.
- Making an online bank transfer using the following details - account number: 38900912 and sort code: 60 02 20. Please reference your payment with your name and Walk In Her Name.
- Sending a cheque made out to Ovarian Cancer Action to the following address: 8-12 Camden High Street, London, NW1 OJH.
How can I find a route to walk?
To make your organising easier it might be a good idea to use a route that you know well. Register to receive your Ovarian Cancer Action #WalkInHerName welcome pack which includes some potential websites to help you plan your route. Whatever route you do choose make sure you've walked it before the day of your event - this will ensure you know where you're going
Do I need to check with my local council?
If you're organising a large event it's probably a good idea to check with your local council about whether you require any special permissions. Does the walk cross any local farms or private land? Contact Beatrix@ovarian.org.uk for more information.
Is there a registration fee?
No, there is no registration fee. Register for #WalkInHerName today.
Can I get t-shirts for our walk?
Yes of course! Please email Beatrix@ovarian.org.uk or call 0207 380 1730.