Whether it’s a karaoke competition or a sponsored spelling-bee, if you’re enjoying yourself then it’s a fantastic way to raise money for our research into ovarian cancer.
We rely on the money you raise to fund scientists who are working to save lives at our Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre.
Email Beatrix@ovarian.org.uk for help with your fundraising.
1. Hold your own event
Creating your own event and charging for entry is an easy and fun way of raising money.
- Bake sale - Inspired by this year's Great British Bake Off? Bake a cake and sell it for a small donation. You can download our fundraising baking pack
- Pub quiz – Ask your local landlord if they’ll let you host a pub quiz, come up with some challenging questions, gather together some prizes and entice your friends
2. Fundraise at work
Anything to brighten up a working day, ask your colleagues to take part for a small donation.
- Talent competition – Are your colleagues a talented bunch? Host a talent evening with prizes for the winners and entry for a £5 donation
- Bake sale – Download our baking pack for creative cake sale tips and tasty recipes
Set yourself a challenge and ask your colleagues, friends and family to guess how much you’ll raise:
- Set up a Guess to Give page
- Invite friends and family to guess your final fundraising total and pay £3, £5 or £10 to be in with the chance of winning a prize
- 50p of each £3 will go in a prize pot for the closest guess and up to £2.50 will go towards your charity
4. Sell a skill
What are you good at? Don’t keep your talents to yourself, offer your skills for a small donation to Ovarian Cancer Action.
You could give cooking lessons, offer face painting for children, fix your neighbour’s computer or do up your friend’s garden.