You can join a community fundraising group in your local area - email Beatrix@ovarian.org.uk to join.
What is a community fundraising group?
Each community group will be made up of 8-12 supporters who will raise funds and awareness in their local community on behalf of Ovarian Cancer Action. As a group, you can choose how you would like to raise funds and awareness, this could include:
- Distributing symptoms awareness leaflets at your local GP’s surgery
- Arranging a bucket collection at your local supermarket or shopping centre
- Organising a coffee morning and cake sale in your village hall
Every group will choose which events they would like to organise but Ovarian Cancer Action’s fundraising team will be on hand to offer advice and assist every step of the way.
What's good about joining a group?
Joining a community fundraising group will give you the opporutnity to:
- Meet like-minded people in your local area and share your experiences
- Share the organisation of fundraising events in your community
- Spread awareness of ovarian cancer and its symptoms to women across the UK
How do I join?
Email Beatrix@ovarian.org.uk or call 0207 380 1733 to find out if there is a local community group in your area or how to set up your own.