Leaving a gift in your will to Ovarian Cancer Action is a fantastic way to support our scientists in their fight against ovarian cancer. Even a small gift can help with our life-saving research and in raising awareness of the disease.
You will of course want to ensure your loved ones are taken care of as your first priority. But after you have provided for them, if you decide to leave a gift in your will it is straightforward.
There are three different ways to leave a gift in your will:
- A pecuniary legacy is a gift of a fixed sum of money - there is no minimum amount that can be left
- A residuary legacy is a gift of the whole or a share of whatever remains of your estate after all other gifts have been distributed to family and friends and any debts have been paid off
- A specific gift is a tangible item, such as a house, piece of jewellery or painting
We would advise anyone who wants to make a will, or amend an existing one, to see a solicitor.
If you have already made a will, you can still help Ovarian Cancer Action by adding a codicil to your will (an official alteration document).
- £5 enables us to provide symptoms awareness materials to 17 women
- £20 buys 100 petri dishes to grow cancer cells for experiments fighting to defeat ovarian cancer
- £250 provides our researchers with antibodies - vital in the detection of cancer cell abnormalities
- £1000 will enable a scientist to attend an overseas conference and learn vital skills and techiniques in the fight against ovarian cancer
- £45000 will fund a post-doc scientist for a year at the Ovarian Cancer Action Research Centre
If you would like more information or have any questions about leaving a legacy we can talk to you in confidence. Please email Nick@ovarian.org.uk or call 020 7380 1734.